Last week, when I entered home my mother told me about a wedding card and I was happy to hear this because this is the first marriage card of the season and I was really excited to see who is getting married. I asked my mom, ‘who is getting married?’ She replied that one of my distant cousins is getting married next week. I asked for the card to check the date and venue. I looked for the card in the room and asked mom where she kept that card she told me it was right there on the table.
It was a huge colorful box with proper lock and images. I was really surprised to see this new pattern of wedding card as it was really different and royal card, beyond my expectations and imagination. The card was designed very beautifully and fixed inside a big box with sound effect of ‘Shenai’. It was two-fold box similar to the vanity box, as my sister has already booked the box to keep her jewelry in it. The first fold or layer of the card box was a full of nice design, art work with a caricature of the would-be-bride and groom. The second fold consists the venue, a road map of the location. Even the map was not the simple one, rather full of landmarks and spots indicating with images they both have visited or might not have visited, but marked in a way with their images enjoying food, playing ball game and driving on highway. Even the box was not empty, it was filled with American dark chocolates and chocolate dry fruit. It was really creative and hats off to their ultimate choice of box.
I got more curious to know how much they have invested in such lavish card, as they must have ordered more than 300 pieces and the amount must not be in thousands, but surely in lakhs. I checked online and shocked to know the cost of the card was approximately Rs. 2500 and the total cost would have been for 300 cards was Rs. 7.5 lakhs. It is an eye and mind delight to watch such kind of lavish cards, still I am not very convinced with spending huge amount in wedding cards where people will forget about it after next 15 days. Is it really worth to invest huge money on cards to show off? My answer is ‘NO’, rather you can invest the same money on more constructive things rather than a card of worth Rs. 1000 or Rs. 2000. Here, I want to suggest you some simple ideas to go for some really nice cards, but within your budget.
- Buy a card from wholesale market, rather than looking for a vendor in your area.
- Go for a card that is creative, yet pocket friendly. A wedding card worth Rs. 50-100 is more than enough to invest.
- Even you can go for some personal invitation with simple one leaf card not more than Rs. 50 is good to go.
- Make a call to relatives, send messages or make your group to send online invitation.
- Get your wedding card created as online mailer as many companies do for their promotional activities and send it to your relatives by investing minimum amount of Rs. 1K to Rs. 2K only.
- Go for a mobile app or online card. It will save more money and will be handy. You need not to visit people’s home to deliver card. You can send them online invitation with minimum investment.
LoveVivah.com Punjab matrimonial website gives brides and groom resume for marriage. Search for your life partner with Aadhaar verified profiles.